Today’s Moarhof (formerly “Mair zu Nauders”) was first mentioned in a document in 1306. At that time, most farms belonged to an ecclesiastical or secular lord of the manor, including the Moarhof, which paid dues to the Neustift monastery as lord of the manor. In 1506, the name Mair appears for the first time in connection with the Moarhof and has been linked to the farm ever since. Since the Moarhof has been passed on without interruption within the same family for at least 200 years, in a straight line or in a collateral line up to the second degree, it fulfils the requirements of a “hereditary farm”.

In 1971, a second economic pillar was added to the farm, which had previously been used exclusively for agricultural activities. Josef Mair, who took over the farm at that time, and his wife Cäcilia, a trained hotel cook, built a new “farmhouse with guest rooms”. Groups were able to spend their holidays here for the first time as early as 1972.

Since then, the house has been expanded, modernised and brought up to date several times.

Today, the Moarhof is run with great commitment and passion by Anton Mair and his wife Gabriele.

We are particularly proud of the many regular guest groups who have been loyal to us for several decades.